Emily is our second born. She has been a joy and a blessing in our lives. Always willing and eager to please, yet uncomprimising in doing so her way. Her big brown eyes tell the tale of her of true self, I can read her like a book. She is not a "Huggy" girl but shows affection through unwaivering loyalty. She is never the first to back down from a fight, but is last to start one. Friends are important to her and she has been blessed with very good friends. She hasn't yet realized that she is a leader, that others look up to her and that she is admired and loved by those around her. She takes after her mother in the obessive compulsive aspects of her life. NEVER interrupt Emily when she is drawing, reading, playing a computer game or watching full metal alchemist. There is no half way with this girl. Sometimes that even bugs her - like work. A necessary evil. Love the paycheck and often even the work, but being tied to a schedule, AUGH! She likes to "Touch Base" and is never one of those teenagers who won't come home for hours at a time. It keeps her secure if she can stop by in between activies just to say, "Hi, I'm home and gone again!" always seeming to grab a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or a poptart on the way out the door. (She thinks I don't notice that she considers this her dinner.) She appreciates a cute puppie when she see's one but doesn't see the point of actually having a dog. Emily gets good grades when the teacher isn't lame or the class isn't lame or the kid next to her isn't lame. Not surprising, however,is that fact that all of her teachers LOVE her. One math teacher actually told me after an inquiry into her failing grade, "She is such a cute girl mom, she's a good kid, she'll be alright._" I took this to mean her math grade would be alright, that she was working on it. Apparently Mr. Combs doesn't really know how to tell a parent their child is getting an "F." But thank goodness for Seminary and teachers that feed my daughter at least one square a day - kodoos to Mr. Anderson. And a heads up to the editor of the school newspaper the "Knightly News" Emily would like at least a weeks notice for the cartoon editorial deadline please. Always singing, never performing, hammering out a song she heard ont he piano over and over again, but not requiring music lessons of any kind. I think this is the EMO side of her. (Just ask the guitar in the corner of her room...which, by the way is propped against the collage of anima and emo art spanning her drawing career from age 8 to 17.
So to Emily I say, I love you! Of course I do! I spoil ya rotten cuz you let me spend time with you, pop in on you at work. shop for unmentionables with you and accompany your eyebrow waxing sessions. I know the "teasing boundry" (Cute boyz, gross bloody things, singing practice and animae are OUT.) I respect that, I love that about you. You like what you like and you don't like to explain why.
Well sweetie, as teenagers go, you are awesome. So your rooms a mess sometimes, I can't take my eyes off of that amazing collage of wall art to notice the messy bed and dirty clothes. So we mess with your computer schedule, your dishes schedule and yes even when someone messes with your work schedule, we know you will rise above the frustration and anger and remain EMILY.
So to Emily I say, I love you! Of course I do! I spoil ya rotten cuz you let me spend time with you, pop in on you at work. shop for unmentionables with you and accompany your eyebrow waxing sessions. I know the "teasing boundry" (Cute boyz, gross bloody things, singing practice and animae are OUT.) I respect that, I love that about you. You like what you like and you don't like to explain why.
Well sweetie, as teenagers go, you are awesome. So your rooms a mess sometimes, I can't take my eyes off of that amazing collage of wall art to notice the messy bed and dirty clothes. So we mess with your computer schedule, your dishes schedule and yes even when someone messes with your work schedule, we know you will rise above the frustration and anger and remain EMILY.
Comments