I can't wait to tell you about Becca. She is very unaware of her drop dead gorgeous looks because she is such a marshmallow. I mean, sweet, soft, and light as air. A peacemaker, best friend to all and genuine good kid. Being on the verge of 15 means being on the verge of a drivers license. We would rather not follow the Idaho potato farmer standard of when a teenager is legally responsible enough to drive a spud truck. She will take Drivers Ed. and wait until sixteen to get her license. She groans, then giggles, as is the Becca Way.
Although the drums are in the garage, Becca's affinity for music isn't limited to mine and Dave's unwillingness to to really commit to the noise of music making. (The piano has headphones.) But boy can this kid sing! I popped in a Norah Jones music track in the Clav, set up the mike stand, and little Becca Boo sounded sultry and a bit sexy. I gotta give her piano lessons to complete the visual I have of her in Carnagie Hall behind a baby grand. She certainly has the capacity for music besides her sweet voice. She actually is very good at math and science. I little left meets right is always a good mix for the music minded.
Becca is not nearly as ridged as Emily and does not have the artistic temperament of Alyssa. She is in-betweeny. Her room is a mess - always! She would be a 4.0 student if she could just remember where she put that math paper or remember whether or not she turned in that art project. She gets two steps into a task and stops to play with the dog and cannot do her dishes in less than an hour, paper plates and all. Forget about getting anywhere on time. But these things endear us to her even more. She is the first to help, to make peace and to give a hug. Her sense of humor is unexpected and clever. She is always game for a project, and sticks with me to the end or whatever closet needs organizing or picture needs hanging. She loves every piece of clothing I buy her, well almost, which means she gets the most out of my spontaneous shopping moments. Boys have not yet discovered her and there are no complaints here! I can certainly wait before they all discover that Becca is D'Bomb!
Although the drums are in the garage, Becca's affinity for music isn't limited to mine and Dave's unwillingness to to really commit to the noise of music making. (The piano has headphones.) But boy can this kid sing! I popped in a Norah Jones music track in the Clav, set up the mike stand, and little Becca Boo sounded sultry and a bit sexy. I gotta give her piano lessons to complete the visual I have of her in Carnagie Hall behind a baby grand. She certainly has the capacity for music besides her sweet voice. She actually is very good at math and science. I little left meets right is always a good mix for the music minded.
Becca is not nearly as ridged as Emily and does not have the artistic temperament of Alyssa. She is in-betweeny. Her room is a mess - always! She would be a 4.0 student if she could just remember where she put that math paper or remember whether or not she turned in that art project. She gets two steps into a task and stops to play with the dog and cannot do her dishes in less than an hour, paper plates and all. Forget about getting anywhere on time. But these things endear us to her even more. She is the first to help, to make peace and to give a hug. Her sense of humor is unexpected and clever. She is always game for a project, and sticks with me to the end or whatever closet needs organizing or picture needs hanging. She loves every piece of clothing I buy her, well almost, which means she gets the most out of my spontaneous shopping moments. Boys have not yet discovered her and there are no complaints here! I can certainly wait before they all discover that Becca is D'Bomb!
Comments
I can't imagine Becca sounding sultry or sexy. My nieces are not supposed to grow up and be either of those words (She is a looker and I'm sure you are going to have your hands full).
I'll try to check in every so often to see how you are all doing.