Crazy is as Crazy does...



This is totally me after today! I was counting on a quiet day of reading. My daughter bought me the new Stephanie Meyers book "The Host" for my birthday and we usually race to see who can consume it first. It has sat on my table going on day 2! Unheard of! I even bought a maple donut bar and made sure I had chilled the 1% really well so I could start the reading of the book in my traditional way. But the fates aligned and the dreaded 7:00 am phone call came in. The van in Dubois was now comfortably parked on the side of Hwy 20, refusing to do its job. My driver doesn't pick up kids from Hamer until 3:00 pm so I had about 5 hours to figure out what we would do. Just my luck - Buddy wet the bed which means an early morning bath and bedding washing. My day to drive the kids to school which put me in the shower by 9:00 and between the hair straightening and eye liner, I arranged pick up for the disabled van and had a plan to purchase, YES purchase a new van within the next two hours. Car dealers LOVE me! No week or two to stew, I need it now baby! When I show up, my dealers know there is a commission at the end of the day. Which is why good ol' Dale let me "borrow" a van for Dubois until we sealed the deal. I arranged with my Terreton Driver to meet me and help me get the loaner up south. (1 hour each way.) When I got back into town Dale had a pretty blue Chrysler Town and Country waiting for me to try out. One word for Dale - LOADED BABY! (Okay that's 2 words.) I was giving up our family van to Dubois and taking the new one for myself. Ain't it purty? So the one more van meets the salvage yard. A cracked block is terminal in my business - there goes the tax return!

Comments