
My typical morning routine was interrupted with a phone call. I could hear Dave saying, "Yeah, I understand, we'll come get him right away." I thought it was Joe, back to school for the first time after 3 days of illness. My wet hair was up in the towel turban and with half a face, I was inwardly grumbling that Joe should stick it out. "Sam's bus has been in an accident." Off came the turban and with a magical "Accio Car Key's" I was about out the door without even thinking. Dave stepped up and offered to go get Sam at the hospital where all 37 students had been transported. Dave brought Sam straight home. I admit I was expecting a red faced and tear stained cheeked boy to come running into my arms. Giving that Sam took the break in of our mini van VERY seriously, I thought for sure he would be adamant about never riding the bus again. WRONG! The boy literally bounced into the house and continued a dialogue which apparently started from the moment Dave picked him up, about how the bus jerked up and there was a loud crash...SWEET! My little baby is all grown up!
KIDK News Channel 6 REPORT
Officials at the EIRMC Emergency Room were on their toes Thursday morning, this after 37 Bridgewater Elementary students were taken there after an accident involving a bus and mini-van. "We are transporting all the students for evaulation," says Guy Bliesner of Bonneville Joint School District 93. Two of those students were taken to the hospital by ambulance. The rest were transferred to another bus, then taken to EIRMC to be checked out. The mini-van was headed west on 1st Street, in front of Tiebreaker, when the teenage driver crashed into the bus, which was stopped to pick up students. The bus driver was not hurt, but very distraught by what happened. "It's very concerning for our bus drivers. They take their job very seriously. She's ok. She's just a little shook," says Bliesner.First Street had to be shut down, and police, sheriff's deputies, EMT's and District 93 all had to work together as a team during this emergency. "From a handling it standpoint, it went very very well," says Bliesner. The teenage driver of the mini-van was cited for inattentive driving. We're told she was looking at the dozens of flags across the street at Tiebreaker Elementary, for their Patriot Day Celebration.
Comments