Okay I Admit it...I have a testimony of BYU!




It's been over 20 years in the coming, but I have finally accepted the fact that BYU may just be as fabulous as it claims. A true "Red Ute" fan, that adoration is limited to the football field, and I am gaining an acceptance of the almighty Cougars, at least off the field. This weekend we went south to see Alyssa perform with the BYU Women's Choir. Having attended many a long and weary High School Choir Concert, and several ISU Choir Concerts, my expectations did not go further than a nice 75 minute nap. Instead I found myself at intermission searching for my socks in the balcony of the DeJong Arts Center, having them BLOWN off by the Men's Chorus's performance. From their percussion ensemble to the clogging trio, the entertainment factor of the show was high. The music, though, was supreme! By the time the Women's Chorus took over the second half of the evening, I was hoping they would at least equal the men's performance. When Alyssa opened her mouth along with the 159 young women around her, the sound that came from their instruments was purely angelic! They of course scored extra points by singing 16 minutes worth of Disney favorites to close the show. As a parent I was over whelmed with gratitude that my child was having such an experience. Not only were the groups top of the bar, but the supporting instrumental ensembles were equally on point. No denying the talent of the students, the professionalism and dedication of their professors and the spirit of music and of our Heavenly Father that was there in celebration that night. One up for BYU.

Comments

Cori said…
Being a "red hater" and a BYU Alumni I am happy to see that you have finally been converted and I will be pleased to see you in the Celestial Kingdom, now that that conversion has taken place. Welcome to the light!!
Not sure if accepting BYU necessarily qualifies you for the Celestial Kingdom. I'll admit, there is still red running through my veins! But I'm so glad you and Dad were able to come down and see me. I can't tell you how much that made that concert for me. I don't think I would have been able to emit the same energy had you not been there. Oh yeah... I have a blog now! :D